My recent grasp on the ill effects of blogging somehow discouraged me to share my thoughts online, thus throwing light on the fact that I haven’t had any posts lately. I will not go beyond than to say that it is appalling how one can interpret the personal thoughts of another in the most cynical, repulsive and cagey manner.
~~~
Moving on to a question I’ve been pondering on for lack (or the disgust, rather) of more insightful thoughts: Why is Patricia Evangelista repeatedly being attacked lately? Is she really the “rebel without a clue” as some critics satirically describe her? Maybe after her stint in London, people have come to expect deeper and more astute words from her. Though I have no statistical basis on this, I can see and hear that there are a number of U.P. students protesting the contents of her column in the Inquirer to the point of disgust. My advice is to leave her alone to rest in her laurels. Never mind if she writes about her midriff tops and latest squabbles with her professors.
~~~
My belated but nonetheless growing fondness for playing Sims is currently causing me headaches and sleepless nights. As a law student, I am very much aware of all the implications of caveat emptor and yet I cannot help but be overwhelmingly frustrated with the fact that the expansion packs I’m dying to install aren’t doing their job. In the jaded world of law school where students feel like androids being reined in by the system, any game that makes one play god will be more than enough to take the pressure off. Maybe that explains why I’m blowing hours playing the omnipresent and all-pervading goddess while my cases and readings are slowly rotting in my desk.
~~~
After my brief dodge from law school (due to a throat infection which rendered me unable to attend classes), I am now going back to a hopefully more cerebral lifestyle of case digests and notes and also to the wonderful world of Starbucks Coffee. I simply cannot wait.
~~~
Moving on to a question I’ve been pondering on for lack (or the disgust, rather) of more insightful thoughts: Why is Patricia Evangelista repeatedly being attacked lately? Is she really the “rebel without a clue” as some critics satirically describe her? Maybe after her stint in London, people have come to expect deeper and more astute words from her. Though I have no statistical basis on this, I can see and hear that there are a number of U.P. students protesting the contents of her column in the Inquirer to the point of disgust. My advice is to leave her alone to rest in her laurels. Never mind if she writes about her midriff tops and latest squabbles with her professors.
~~~
My belated but nonetheless growing fondness for playing Sims is currently causing me headaches and sleepless nights. As a law student, I am very much aware of all the implications of caveat emptor and yet I cannot help but be overwhelmingly frustrated with the fact that the expansion packs I’m dying to install aren’t doing their job. In the jaded world of law school where students feel like androids being reined in by the system, any game that makes one play god will be more than enough to take the pressure off. Maybe that explains why I’m blowing hours playing the omnipresent and all-pervading goddess while my cases and readings are slowly rotting in my desk.
~~~
After my brief dodge from law school (due to a throat infection which rendered me unable to attend classes), I am now going back to a hopefully more cerebral lifestyle of case digests and notes and also to the wonderful world of Starbucks Coffee. I simply cannot wait.
2 comments:
freedom of expression and freedom to interpret somebody's expression?
the ambiguity of language. you'd consider attaching annexes to you blog posts. hehe
haha! oh my gas. na-addict ka na sa sims!=) -caroline04
Post a Comment