Monday, January 09, 2006

A Fruitful Life

I was a fortunate tag-along to a very romantic wedding last Saturday. The wedding was held at the Fernwood Gardens. The place was simply breathtaking! The reception area was a huge dome that looked more like a greenhouse. There were even live swans around! =) My personal favorite became the chocolate fountain, having discovered just that day that chocolate-covered grapes are certainly a treat! =)
~~~
While no one was looking, I surreptitiously got my wedding message under the cake in advance. (hehe!) For those of you who don't know it yet, all wedding cakes are like fortune cookies, with several notes containing "wishes" hanging from their base. I wanted to get the note with the "ring" but I got one with this message instead: 'a fruitful life'.
~~~
There couldn't have been a better and more apt message for me. This year, I want to work hard for the things that really matter. More than being succesful, I want to be fruitful.

1 comment:

caramel cream said...

i never knew about fortunes in wedding cakes. hmmm...