I believe that it is crucial and practical to put a halt on the humdrum over the so-called Gloriagate scandal. I am not condoning whatever sins the present administration may have committed against the nation, but I firmly stand by my opinion that this incident is another orchestrated scheme to get the country into another ride of riotous crisis. The principle of truth is to be upheld at all times, and it is with disgust that we acknowledge the cheating, corruption, fraud and deception that have plagued not only the governance of our President but of those of other public officers as well. But in order to make a responsible, intelligent decision as to what to do next, we have to take a number of factors into consideration. We are all aware of our urgent need for social and economic reforms, therefore political stability is something that we should prioritize and preserve. Let the President apologize and explain but let her do her job as well. It is absurd to hear that some leaders are even calling for a tax boycott! What we need to do as a nation is to stand by the President as she implements the much-needed economic reforms. These reforms may be bitter but they are necessary. And let us be wary of those who exploit these incidents to further their own interests. We have to be absolutely practical these days given the current economic situation. Our decisions should be based on some political framework. As for us, I believe it will be healthier if we push more to fervently employ the principles of honesty and integrity within ourselves.
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to think on the same line. Let's stick with Arroyo because ousting her will dig us a deeper hole.
But I was uncomfortable with such position eventually. I guess it depends on your judgment--is she or is she not guilty or cheating? I think she is.
Yes, I agree the Gloriagate scandal is an orchestrated scheme to oust her. But does that make her any less guilty?
I began to question my nation's self-respect in letting an uncovered stealer keep her stolen good. It's insulting to me.
They say we deserve the government we elect. We deserved Erap. We don't deserve her.
I do not side with the opposition and I am not hopeful with de Castro as her successor. But I know she must go.
It seems that at the moment there's no way for us to go but down. We oust Arroyo and we're screwed. We keep her, we're also screwed.
Leadership is all about trust. Even if she can be strong enough to keep the presidency, this scandal will haunt her. Not many politician dare to ally with the supposed strongest individual in the land for fear that she may go anytime. We know how it is with our politics--you are only as good as your allies. She is cursed. What good can she do?
I, on the other hand, believe in the Presidency. Always have. I believeshe has two choices, either to resign or to stay. She's not resigning and she's staying. So the only other way to get her out is through due process, impeachment in Congress. I don't believe in another Edsa III. I believe in democracy. Let us wait, until we can practice our political right of election. Next time, let's choose a different person. This is democracy in action.
Post a Comment