~~~
This is what the minority solons and all those who rally behind them have learned this week. And i've learned too that the law can be used to serve the interests of those who have the power and the authority to interpret them. The law should not be the LORD over society, it should be a TOOL to govern and to improve the welfare of all. We are not supposed to be bound by the law. Society, in fact, should shape the law.
~~~
It's a sad week, indeed. The President cheats in the elections and gets away with it. And her getaway vehicle is none other but the law itself.
1 comment:
I am actually torn with this one. I don't hide the fact that I've been a rebel of some kind, from the very first time I set foot in our college.
And there is no doubt that I also believe that GMA cheated.
But I just don't believe a lot of these people calling for GMA's ouster as being truly sincere about their intentions. Yes, they REALLY want her out. But is it really because she cheated?
I truly believe there is no one answer to that question. And I can probably think of some. Not very nice, they are (ala Yoda, hehe).
Oh well. I can't wait to be out there and make some real changes. Probably not through politics. Too dirty for my taste.
Keep the idealism. Let no one take it away. :)
Post a Comment