Sunday, August 06, 2006

back in business

It's the first time I'm updating this blog in weeks, which is really a shame considering the fact that I have unlimited internet access in my room and I'm online for more than three hours everyday. Lately I have been quite hesitant about sharing my thoughts online as I've come to hear of several testimonies of people being judged, criticized and to a certain extent harassed because of the things they have written in their blogs.
~~~
I don't know what it is about haters, rumor-mongerers and people who delight in seeing other people suffer. If good things happen to you they try to destroy you by spreading incredulous gossip about you. Call it a wild imagination but to me, it's a really disgusting manifestation of an overly insecure and frustrated soul. I have a warning for people like this--you will get twice the doze of your own medicine. For those who are victims of rumor-mongering, I advise you to restrain yourselves from retaliating unless extremely necessary. After all, even the Bible says that they are not accountable to you but to God and if you're a believer in Christ, you know that God will never let you be put to shame. Let God deal with them. =)
~~~
My sorority sis was appointed vice-consul for Malaysia this year. I'm very proud of her and very impressed with how far she's gone barely four years out of law school. I wish nothing more than to tread the same path. I just hope and pray I pass the foreign service exams next year! =)
~~~
It's already my 8th year in U.P. I must say that I consider myself very blessed to have gone under the training of the most highly qualified professors in the country. From my humanities courses like Philosophy, Communication, Sociology and Journalism to my Law subjects, I've been trained and taught by professors who are experts in their respective fields and who boast of masteral degrees obtained abroad. To top it all, my tuition in U.P. has never gone beyond 8K a sem. Hayyy...the benefits of being a skolar ng bayan! =)
~~~
I'm really in love with Starbucks coffee. But then again, who isn't??? I have a lot of favorites in their menu. Topping my list is the peppermint mocha frap, which unfortunately is available only during the holidays. On days when I have to study (which is almost every single day), I'd go for a hot cup of nonfat vanilla latte and on days when I feel thin (yup, being thin is just an attitude), I order a venti java chip frappuccino. Do you know that in Starbucks branches abroad they have bottled fraps in their stores? They even have roasted ice cream, frappuccino bars and even liqueurs! I do hope they'll have all of that here soon! As to their beans, my favorites are the Rift Valley Blend(bold, herbal and peppery) and Komodo dragon(very smooth!!). Going to Starbucks at the end of the day has become a priority for me, which explains why I'm broke even before the month ends! Hehe! Anyway, it's done wonders for my studies. I used to sleep on top of all my books and cases and wake up hating myself for not having studied, now my slumber sickness doesn't get in the way anymore.
~~~
Two weeks ago, I weighed myself and was ecstatic to discover that I'm already down to 103 lbs.--the first time in 7 years! (I'm usually between 105 and 108) I don't know though if I still weigh the same right now since I've been into some serious gorging these past few days. But at least I know that my 100-pound goal is not too far away and is definitely possible without me having to go into extreme dieting. Nowadays, I eat whatever I want (rice included) but I do so in moderation. The weight loss process is very slow but at least I don't sabotage my metabolism. =)
~~~
I seriously have to end this and start studying. I want to put an end to cramming. It's just not right. Hehe. =) I'm glad that I'm blogging again. I really should do more than just read other people's blogs and make useless comments!

2 comments:

caramel cream said...

i'm not in love with Starbucks coffees

haha

ModernDayHolly said...

oh right. you're just in love. period. =) yiheee...