Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh yes, a blessing! (#1)

After saying my graces rather perfunctorily for the past twenty years of my Catholic-schooled childhood, it's now time to form some new habits!
---
Starting RIGHT NOW, I am going to post a blessing--each time it happens! While it may be next to impossible (since too many good things may happen unnoticed), I am going to do my very best. Yes my dears, I have resolved to lay off the chocolate and consider this as my new personal pick-me-up. What better way to inspire yourself than to reflect on and document the good things that happen to you!
---
Here are some of the things that made me smile this week:
1. driving through several intersections on a usually busy highway and ALL traffic lights happen to be green!!
(definitely not something I see everyday) =D
-
2. getting off the weighing scale two pounds happier
(I just gave up my sugar and am now gloating with the results)
-
3. seeing Australia, the movie.
(blessing on seeing the actual place will probably be subject of future post)
-
4. rainy days are here. (It's my golden opportunity to explore the other side of my wardrobe.)
---
I started my 40-day commitment and Im hoping and praying that I'll finish strong. Cheers to new habits. =)

4 comments:

Moi said...

hey there! thanks for your comment on our GIRLS WHO REED blog! Feel free to chime in anytime! I am just hoping to get the gals on a new book soon!

Stephanie said...

I hope I'm not too late!!! Don't watch Australia...I only made it through 30 minuted at the theater.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww... That's so nice. There are times when we often whine and complain about all the negative things going on in our lives that we tend to let good things go by unnoticed. Thanks, for inspiring me to count my blessings or try to see the blessings that each day offers. take care! Cheers to many more blessings!

ModernDayHolly said...

@Moi...Thanks so much! I love your blog. Im trying to squeeze in a book or two in my busy sched.

@Stephanie...umm too late. haha. I love Hugh Jackman so it wasnt that bad for me =p

@Mel...Im glad you got inspired by this post! Love your blog by the way. Hey, we're from the same town!