Friday, June 12, 2009

Dad

Today I realized something I've always taken for granted, something I've overlooked for the longest time--my dad always has something for me when he gets home. It can range from something as quaint as a crocodile wallet (straight from a wildlife fair he attended) to something as basic as a pen that he knows I regularly use in my notetaking and I always run out of. Sometimes it's a slice of my favorite cake or a small, bright-colored backpack that's 10 years too young for me. It's been going on for more than a decade...he always has a surprise for me at the end of the day! I've been away for 9 years and just started living again with my parents last year but already, my dad has gone back to his sweet, old habit from when i was in my teens. I just wanted to acknowledge that now and thank God for giving me such a thoughtful father. =)

2 comments:

RCaitlin said...

That is so sweet :). My dad is a pilot and he always used to bring me and my sisters little presents when he got back from a trip.

ModernDayHolly said...

They're the best arent they! =D