Tuesday, March 01, 2005

fresh revelation

It's the first day of the month and I woke up with new revelations on how to go on with my study life. Yup, studying's a big chunk of what I do everyday. And what else would God be so conscious about other than that which I'm so incessantly involved in? Studying is an art (though at the beginning it was just a flimsy excuse to milk on my parents money and remain a parasite for the next five years). Well today, I woke up thinking (and I know God injected those thoughts) that I do have to force myself to understand. I cannot be discriminating in my studies. Studying is not just about the passion for things I take interest in---it's about the passion for learning, and that just about covers everything. I cannot merely go through the motions of attending class. I have to continually ask myself if I understand a certain concept. And if the answer is "no"--that would be totally unacceptable! I must not rest then till I do understand. Yup..an extra effort willingly and happily exerted would have to be my response! :)

So what's the big deal with studying? Studying is the kew to law school. There is no substitute. Yes there are other activities that would stir one up for greater heights, but those are just the additives. By now, I should know that time is precious. A minute now is as precious as a minute later. Time cannot be put back on the clock, no matter how hard you try (or cry).

And of course, the ultimate core value is PRAYER. When what you wish to accomplish is bathe in prayer, things can never go wrong. Studying is not just an art or a lifestyle or a key to a good future, it's an act of worship.

So you see, God gives fresh revelations for things that may seem humdrum to others but matter a lot to you. That's how God is...He doesn't see you as just a nerd, He sees you as His nerd. (*hehe*) Now who can compete with that?! :)

No comments: