Tuesday, March 22, 2005

MOVIE MARATHON 4

Movie Marathon 1 is February 23, 2005 entry.
Movie Marathon 2 is March 4, 2005 entry.

Movie Marathon 3 is March 16, 2005 entry.
---
---
***Miss Congeniality 2***
MC 2 had some good laughs and slightly less violence. I particularly took notice of the fact that our heroine, Gracie Hart, didn't end up with a guy this time. That's breaking from the pattern of most movies. On the downside, it is sad how the relationship Hart built in MC 1 was quickly dispensed in the first ten minutes of the movie. Other than that, it was fairly amusing. I did, however, notice that the tone of the movie was somehow muddled. There were times when you didn't know if it was a comedy or something more serious. Like all other sequels, I can say that the first was definitely better.
---
***Be Cool***
Didn't get to finish this movie due to poor health--all I can remember is that it was kind of quirky and crammed with situations and characters and that John Travolta's acting was way cooler in Get Shorty.
---
***The Pacifier***
I have to admit that some things in the movie were comic genius. It was fun and enjoyable although some of my friends thought it was all too trivial. But it is without a doubt that if it were not for Vin Diesel, this movie would altogether lose its appeal. With its potty humor and crude jokes, this movie, if left on its own, would somehow be farfetched and unengaging.
---
***Confidence***
Confidence is about a con man whose new scam puts him in debt with the mafia. The movie is filled with clever plot twists and colorful characters. Although it was very typical for its genre, the movie was well directed.
---
***The Flight of the Phoenix***
A plane here crashes during a sandstorm in the Gobi desert. The survivors are left with a limited supply of food and water. They eat only canned peaches and sometimes engage in interpersonal conflict. I ended up just as tired as the characters. It's the type of movie you watch only once. But I did enjoy the beautiful desert scenery and Dennis Quaid's acting.

No comments: